Friday, September 3, 2010

Ultimate Learning from my own experience on the eve of Janmastami 2010.



It’s a fine morning today (2nd Sep 2010). I woke up at 4 am in ISKCON to attend Mangala Arati & wish my beloved lord a very enchanting birthday. 
We had countless funs during the same fest yesterday; Children from various schools came with props of Krishna, Radha, Meera, Gopi etc for fancy dress competition!!! They caught cake on behalf of Krishna. One of the most pleasurable moment of my life :-). Three TV channels (Sankara, TV9 & 24X7 were covering all these live telecasts... Also some well known Kannada stars & political personality came to attend the program & seek the blessings of Supreme Personality of Godhead. Today even more events & abhishekams are planned, but I returned back to home & did the Janmastami Puja (Laddu Gopal) in my little Puja Room. (Photos shared in my Orkut & facebook account) :-).

While arranging articles for the Puja, I had came across a situation which taught me a great lesson of life. I thought of sharing that with all, as everyone could be benefited from this. Just we need to change our perception in similar situations!!! Of course the thing that I am going to share is backed by unflinching faith with my loving God, Shree Krishna.

It happened so, by the time I finish my darshan & reached my room from ISKCON, it was bit late & most of the flower shops are closed, (except one) in my locality.
That lady was having many big big malas & some single roses & gemini flowers. When I asked for those single (untied) flowers, she straight away denied my request. Gave me the only option to buy the malas (kind of blackmailed me). I got little disappointment by seeing her behaviour towards me & the intension she was having, though that might or might not solve my purpose. Somehow I thought of coming out empty handed with the believe of fulfilling my requirement from another shop. &&& Krishna never leave His devotee empty handed; Just after walking 100 to 200 meters, I found another shop & this time without a single objection shopkeeper gave ample number of untied flowers with the same money; which was beyond my expectations!!!

It seems to be an ordinary moment, but taught a great lesson to me. When we try for something nice, with a clean heart & best effort, still fail to see the immediate result, we have the tendency to get frustrated. But in most cases the whole story is something different & with our limited vision most of the times we could not visualize the whole. Always God has some better plans for us & that gets revealed, sometimes in very short period (as happened with me today) or sometimes in a medium to long period. If I would ve been returned back with frustration or accepted the undesired one by hook or crook, ultimately I would have been the looser. But with little more patience and strong belief on my Krishna I endeavour for more possibilities... Its Krishna who controls the result of every action, so I was ready for anything. With that mindset when I got more than expected, my faith has tremendously strengthened yet again.

Its a great lesson for me & hoping that I could apply the same perception in every similar situations in life (when things are happening with greater magnitude).
Hope some of you could relate to this & it might be helpful for you too.

Wishing all a blissful & enchanting Janmastami.
May Krishna destroy all our ignorance & lead to eternal peace & harmony in life.
Jai Shree Krishna...

No comments: